Sunday 15 November 2009

Cushion...


When my sister Karen went to heaven my bil gave me quite a lot of her things, one of them was a beautiful old tablecloth, that had a few holes in it and on one corner was embriodered
 the letter G.



So I carefully cut around the "G" and stitched it onto a piece of white cotton and made it into a little pillow. Karen also had this ribbon that she'd had printed with "tis the season" on so I edged the "G" with it and added 4 little mother of pearl buttons on the corners. I am pleased with the way it's turned out and  I've put it on the bed with a couple of initialled cushions from ikea that I already had.




One has got E O on it and the other one M F  I so love initialled cushions especially ones made from old linen like you can buy in Angel and Rose. When I move house I'm having a big bay window with a gorgeous chair covered in  a Kate Forman/Cabbages and Roses fabric with a couple of old cushions strewn on it!!! Well I can dream can't I? I also made some lovely lavender bags with tis the season ribbon on (cant show you the pics as the battery went in the camera but I will do) as I didn't want to waste any of it. We've had the house for sale for about 6 weeks and in that time we've had 6 people view so thats a good start, we've had a couple of offers from a young couple so fingers crossed I'll get that bay window yet!!!! Can't wait to see all your lovely goodies you bought from the vintage and antique fair girl's ...love Lucey xx




8 comments:

karen said...

I love those cushions hunni. I like to repurpose things too.
Good luck with selling the house.
(((hugs)))
karen

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a beautiful thing to do with your sisters things, those cushions are something to truly treasure.

Victoria xx

Sarah said...

Those cushions are beautiful and what a lovely thing to do.
x

made with love said...

What a lovely idea Lucey. Your cushion is beautiful. Thankyou for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comments you have left. I would love to swap with you.
Rachael XX

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Pretty!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello Lucey
I love the monogrammed cushions!I have been collecting monogrammed linens for quite a while now, I admire the work that goes in to it.
I hope that you find a buyer soon and that you get that bay window! Fingers crossed..
3D glasses are on their way to you.
Take care
Isabelle x

made with love said...

Thanks Lucey, I have sent you an email.
Rachael XX

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the border! suzie. xxx