Friday 7 May 2010

Busy week...


Hi girls,

sorry it's been nearly a week  since I blogged but it's been such a busy week for me the time has flown  by. Last Saturday we went to Northallerton, a lovely little market town in Yorkshire, where I bought a couple of heathers to go in pots on the decking, pies and cooked meats from the deli and a freezer full of meat
from the butchers. I know it's a long way to go for food but everything is so tasty not like supermarket meat and there's lots of nice shops to browse around.





I loved all these mugs and jugs with fresh eggs and jelly adverts on them



there were also cake tins and coasters



I love these "ladybird book" mugs

Half the High Street was closed and there was a huge fair on and this shop window was in the spirit of things with "hook a duck" and "coconut shy"




Anyone fancy a macaroon???

Then it was on to Stokesley another little market town where two of my favourite shops are and I did a little shopping!





One of the shops is called Croft Interiors and sells lots of gardeny things



and lots of "beachy" cushions and this wonderful bench



and the other shop is called "The Town House" and sells beautiful throws, scented candles and picture frames, so what did I buy...


these house shaped blackboards to go in the pots (I did write on them after I took the piccs!)

four seaside postcards and the tiny wire hearts they're in, I want to get a couple of pieces of driftwood from the beach to stick them in




Somehow these chocolate covered marshmallows and "violent" creams (as Mr Lucey calls them!) slipped into my bag so I had to eat them all, cheapies from Boyes but delicious.

I also got two little signs saying dream and love, by 4 pm we were ready to go home and Mr Lucey made us a lovely tea, it was only Welsh rarebit on toast from Bettys and salad but we realy enjoyed it.



On Sunday we had a good clean up as we had a young couple coming to view the house, its been for sale for 6 months and we've had 12 viewers and each time you tidy the house and think "will these be the ones to buy it" but each one although they've liked the house, they haven't sold theirs, and you think it seems such a waste of time....but this time it wasn't and they put an offer in and we accepted it ....so now we're busy house hunting!!!

Also got a few parcels delivered this week, some CK fabric, a couple of books and a big parcel from America but I'll have to show you next time as I must wade through the particulars of "must view, maybe and yuk!"

Bye bye Lucey xx  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the house hunting. The parcel from America sounds interesting?...xx

Pea Green Kitty said...

Hello!!!
and THANK YOU so much for my lovely goodies....your's is on it's way!
I love Northallerton too, but ive never been to Stokesly, it sounds lovely, well at least the shops do anyway!
I adore Macaroons but they always look far too good to eat.

xx

CraftySmiles said...

Hi. I am new to your blog and i need to say -it is lovely. Thanks for sharing pics ,i felt like i am doing "window shopping" -really nice.
Good luck with house hunt : )

Nearly there Claire said...

Ohhh exciting times ahead!!
Can't to see where and what you choose. Good luck Hun. x

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lucey,

Congratulations on selling your home. Are you planning on staying in the same area, or elsewhere? May I ask the reason why you sold your home? Do you need more room, or need to scale down?

I'm so nosy......;o)

Hugs,
Meri

Kissed by an Angel said...

Well, you've certainly had a fab week!! I wish we had market towns where you can get meat etc ne us!!! The Welsh Rarebit looks really good!!! As do the macaroons - yum, and the violent creams, one of my favourites!!!
Good luck with the house hunting!!! How exciting!!
xxxx

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day out, I would have been dribbling at those shops!!!! Great buys!" Congragulations on selling your house, hope it all goes smoothlyxx

Twiggy said...

Ha ha my fave ever chocs are rose and violent creams from Sterchis in Filey :)
Lovely pics !
twiggy x

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of that Lucey - I wasn't around for the CK show and tell, how did it work? Thanks xx

Auntie Cake said...

It's been way too long since I have been over here! Congrats on selling the house, I hope a very lovely family is moving into your house and that you find your house of dreams!

Love your shopping trip, it looks like you had such a great time. What charming shops you went to!
Kate

maryannlucy said...

Great places to shop, not wonder you travel to have a day out. Fantastic news about the house, enjoy the house hunting x

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Northallerton looks wonderful Lucey! That's one I haven't visited yet I must add to my list. I've got Harrogate playing on my mind at the moment, as soon as I can have few days off work am going to plan a day out. Those macarrons look as good as Laduree!