Monday 11 April 2011

Part two...

I forgot to show you the mould those lovely jellies come out of yesterday so this is it, all shiny like a new penny,



and here's the new mould that we found lurking at the  back of an antique shop in Whitby last weekend!!



What do you think of "Mr Lion" lounging on top, can you hear him "roar"!!

he makes pretty impressive jellies too,



first up I made the lion in orange jelly and the bottom in lime, my favourite flavour,


then I made  a  blackcurrant lion with  a lemon bottom, what do you think???

This book from Bompas and Parr, jellymongers, dropped on my mat on saturday,




these two are the masters of jelly making



pretty impressive stuff!!





Wow, I wonder if my jellies will ever be that good, I've got all the ingredients to make real jellies (not out of a packet!!) so watch this space, oh and I've just given myself a new title,

"jellymongeress"!!

Love Lucey xx




10 comments:

Lucy in the Clouds said...

I never really hanker after jelly, but I am now! Really fancy making some! :)

Unknown said...

Love the jellies, it's not something I have but maybe if it was as impressive as those I may be more tempted :) x

Kori said...

Wow! I had no idea! I hope you had a great weekend and have a fabulous Monday doll! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Rose H (UK) said...

Cor, I love the lion mould!
I have a few old jelly moulds but they're all ceramic, glass or stonewear I've never bought a copper one - all that cleaning lol, however if I'd seen that lion one.......

LaaLaa said...

And Jellymongeress you definitely are! They all look fab. Have you been eating all of your experiments? Or do you want to share some? They're all fab. I want some jelly now! xx

The Cloth Shed said...

Fabulous copper jelly moulds....they are real Country House kitchen treasures, well spotted!
Love the look of your two tone lion
jellies...I think the orange and lime is my favourite too.
Julie x

Unknown said...

wow great moulds i can never seem to get mine out in one piece i am impressed ;-)) deex

Gilly Tee said...

I love jelly, it's one of my comfort foods and the moulds are great.

Lace hearts said...

I think that lion mould is fabulous. I also love the striped jelly - that must take some careful work.

Jenny at Red House said...

well, Miss Jellyo what a magnificent mould you have there! I don't think I have ever seen one like that, keep us updated on your jelly exploits! jennyx