Wednesday 13 April 2011

Tick, tock...

Evening girls,

When we moved into the house we put a shelf up in the kitchen for all my bits 'n bobs but I wasn't quite happy with it so we thought we'd paper the wall instead. We've been  looking for a while but couldn't find the right paper, then a few weeks ago we saw a huge clock and thought "that's it" just the right thing for the wall.



So at the weekend "the man with the van" delivered  "big ben"and we got a few match pots for the wall in red, grey  and olive green but none realy went with the finish on the clock so Mr Lucey painted it white again



I quite like oversized pieces in small spaces, stops it looking too twee I think.

Changing  the subject you'll never guess what I saw when I was walking along the high street today,
a hand knitted nest and bird sitting in the branches on a tree outside a church!!



The little tag says "if you realy, realy need me please take me but if not leave me for others to enjoy" my sister said they've been there about three weeks



Looks like the little bird has a fat juicy worm in it's mouth, I don't know if they're anything to do with the church but what a lovely idea.

I made a vanilla blancmange today in the jelly mould,


mmmmmm, there's no stopping me now!!!

Night night,

Lucey xx


14 comments:

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

I've seen this before...not this actual piece of knitting :) but it's called Guerilla knitting, graffiti knitting to liven things up. If you look on google images you will see loads of interesting bits, trees, benches, fences etc. I would love to do something like this in my village. It's lovely that people have left the little bird and nest alone for others to enjoy x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Oooh and I love the BIG clock, what a show stopper :) You have also inspired me to make a jelly for our Royal wedding tea party x

Elderberry-Rob said...

your clock is lovely lucey - you're right, oversize works well with small spaces. I love the little bird nest - how tempting to take it! Bettyx

Kelly said...

Loving the clock!!! Abrillliant statement for that space!!

LaaLaa said...

Justine has already explained about Guerilla Knitting. I think it's great! xx

charl said...

wow that clock is amazing.. it fills the space fantastic .. you need never be late again!!

loving the little knitted nests.. and the fact that on one has taken them yet!.. wonder were they have come from!

you've gone jelly mad woman!

charl
x

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the clock it certainly has the WOW factor, it is wonderful.

Love the knitted birds, I wonder who put them there?

May I come to tea at your house, I love Jelly and Blancmange. Have you ever thought of making a stripey one, takes a bit longer as you have to wait for each layer to set, or you could make a stripey one with jelly and blancmange......
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

I've heard about guerilla knitting too! It's a great idea, but I've never actually seen it whilst out and about! The clock looks fantastic, I love big statement pieces, unfortunately my OH is much more conservative and would never let me buy anything like that! Loving the jelly molds! :) x

Deborah said...

Clock looks fab, I've seen big ones in TK Maxx a few weeks ago but I haven't any where to put something that big! Knitted birds are so cute :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Unknown said...

I have never seen guerilla knitting before either! I will look out for it. well done for being brave with your clock. It looks great! I love the blamonge looks scrummy!

Unknown said...

Wow that clock is huge ;-)) But it looks great. dee x

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

I love your clock and think it looks fab in that space x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

The clock looks fabulous!!! My brother and his wife have a lovely big clock in their lounge!

Victoria xx

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

love the clock and what a fab birds next. I love 'guerilla knitting' but have never seen any in real life x