Tuesday 19 July 2011

I've been on my jollies...

Morning all


I've been on my jollies to the wonderful Tenerife where it was lovely hot sunshine every day for a fortnight,  just laying on a sunbed drinking cocktails and dipping in and out of  the pool when it was too hot, and now we're back home and it's been rain, rain, rain.


Don't you just hate that, you want to show off your tan but all you can see from under the brolly is your nose end!! Never mind, as usual we had a marvellous time and we decided  to go for a ride on a camel which wasn't as frightening as I thought it was going to be



"up you get matey"



and we're off!!
We saw  a mother and a six day old baby camel, it's coat was a bit like a sheep's all soft and cuddly


 
isn't she gorgeous???


We spent a few hours on a boat  in the ocean to see the whales and dolphins


these were right beside our boat and if I'd had long enough arms you could have touched them.





We usually had a walk down to the beach on a night to watch  the locals  "crabbing" and the sunsets were amazing




but apart from that we just sunbathed all day and read our books...ah that's the life if ever we won the lottery!!



But today it's back to work with my tape measure,

bye for now

Lucey x



12 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Love the sunset pictures. We have had some sun here, and unlike last year I even have a slight tan, but certainly nothing to compare with yours.

carole johnston said...

What a great time you have had,I had a camel ride once it was interesting lol.

charl said...

looks like a beautiful place.. you can feel the warmth of the sun just coming from your pics!..
loveing the tan to..i hate it when you end up having to cover it all up.. just have to wack the heating on at home and stick your cossie back on!!

charl
x

Becky (Hazel and Blue) said...

Beautiful photos of your holiday. The canary islands look amazing, I have never been there but we are looking forward to going soon. The baby camel looks adorable, and I love the idea of sun bathing by the pool in the sun.

Rose H (UK) said...

Hi Lucey
Welcome back :o)
Looks like you've had a super holiday.
Lovely photos :o) The carved melon is amazing...
Such a sweet little camel, I've seen dolphins but haven't had the pleasure of whale watching. That crab looks a little scary though..don't think I'd like them too much!
Hope you don't have to cover your tan up for many more days...the only thing I've got is rust!

Sugarplum Kawaii said...

Look like you had a super time. The Water-Melon dragon is fantastic!

Daisy said...

Love the photos Lucey. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. xxx

Deborah said...

What a great holiday! It's just started raining here and thundering!

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds beautiful. What some wonderful experiences i would love to see the dolphines and that little camel bless soooo cute. You look lovely and relaxed. I can't wait for my holiday now i fly off to Greece a week friday ;-)) Enjoy the rest of your week, dee x

Unknown said...

Glad youv'e had a great holiday,the thought of a bit of sun whoa!! lovely...It's been raining so much here I was thinking about building an ark.
X Manda X

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Beautiful photographs Lucey...love your sunset images..
Let's hope the sun decides to follow you home eventually!
Susan x

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fab holiday!
I'd be interested in a link button swap. I don't have the code yet but the blog addy can be added behind the picture?

Also ...

I am looking for a people to try and review bath bombs and whoever is chosen can have there blog image on the post with there review if interested? Details are on http://bathbombcreations.blogspot.com/search/label/review.
No obligation. There's a giveaway to. All closes 31/7. The blog is new. I have high ebay sales and the web is under construction. Leave a blg msg. With love Anita x
anita.bonney@btopenworld.com