Sunday 21 August 2011

I'm knitting...

I've started knitting again!!

Inspired by the lovely Lynda, of  "hookin' with laa laa" I decided to knit myself a scarf, but not a plain one, one with reindeer's on, which was quite hard when I've never knit with two colours  before!! But after a few goes I got the hang of it



but then I realised when I wore it the reindeers on one side would be upside down !!


So I had to pull these little chaps out and knit them upside down which took ages but eventually I managed to finish it and I must say I'm rather pleased with myself. I'm not sure I'd tackle another one but it's certainly got me back into knitting again.

I put a pattern in the middle as you wouldn't  see the reindeers when you wear it



 
now I'm waiting for a cold blustery day to wear it, not that I'm wishing the summer away just yet as I have a week off work soon and am planning a few days out somewhere nice.

Thanks for all your comments on the "York" post, I put all your lovely  names into the hat, well a mixing bowl actually, and the one pulled out was.... The vintage gardener,  


here's Gill's little parcel.

Monday was my friend Barbara's "biggie" birthday so us girls went out for afternoon tea at Wynyard hall where we had tea in the library


there was big squashy armchairs and settee's to sit in and we got the full works delivered on lovely china



see those lovely big bunches of sunflowers


There was a wedding on and afterwards we had a little peek in the chappel, love the blue walls and the marble pillars



then we wandered down to the lake to see all the ducks and take more photos, it was one of those lazy afternoons where you just didn't want to leave.



Tonight we're going on a "bat" walk, you know the little furry kind?  We have been before and  Ian the chap who organises it brought along a common pipstrill bat for us to hold,  he had to hand rear it as the mother had died, and it was only 1 1/2 inches long so we've got the detectors ready  lets hope we hear loads of them!!

Love Lucey x





16 comments:

LaaLaa said...

Oh my word, Jan! The scarf is lovely. Really gorgeous. Well done! See, you'll be doing your own reindeer jumper before you know it. xx

Jem said...

Beautiful scarf! The pattern is lovely and the colours are lovely too :-)

Jem xXx

Rose H (UK) said...

Your scarf is really lovely,give yourself a pat on the back!
Enjoy your bat walk tonight, I'll probably see a few over the garden later on tonight.

Ali said...

Fab post - love the scarf x

Unknown said...

Your scarf is fabulous! I love it. You must be really pleased. Sue x

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely scarf - bet you are really chuffed with yourself especially if you haven't knitted for a while.
Julie xxxxxx

Noelle the dreamer said...

Beautiful muffler! I must admit to hating to undo any knitting...and like you I need to get back into knitting, it has been a while!
A bat walk? Really? We have so many on this tiny island no one even notice them anymore!
A big hello from the Pacific NorthWest Coast!

Anonymous said...

I love your scarf too. Thanks again for the pressies.

Elderberry-Rob said...

That is an impressive scarf! what a perfectionist you are too - it is absolutely lovely. How interesting to hold a bat and learn about them - I am inspired to find out more - ... to hold one must be amazing.

VintageVicki said...

That scarf is fab :) Must have been painful to have to frog some of it though.

We have bats that live in the roof above our bay window - love watching them at dusk.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love your scarf! Sounds like you had a great day with your friends.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Karen S Booth said...

I LOVE your scarf and that tea looks brilliant too ~ I love afternoon tea......great post!
Karen

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Wow your scarf is fabby, what a beautiful pattern. I would want it to be cold too so I could wear it if I had one. Very impressed with your knitting, mum taught me to cast on when I was staying with them, I just need to go to the wool shop and buy some lovely yarn so I can start knitting a nice scalf for the winter too.
Luv Sophie xxx

Daisy said...

Wow What a talent! I wouldn't know where to start. It looks lovely. Enjoy your bat walk. xxx

Unknown said...

Wow how clever are you ;-)) That scarf is adorable well done you. Happy birthday to your lovely friend Barbara. Looks like a gorgeous place and that chapel is stunning. Good luck with the bats what a lovely thing to do, dee x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a fabulous scarf!!! Puts my attempt to shame... I really should be getting on with it if I want to wear it this Winter!

Victoria xx