Friday 31 August 2012

Shopping With My New Purse


Hello,

It's alway's  nice nice to find a new blog to read and I've recently found a treasure, it's Jenny's from 

"The Custards blogspot"

. It's one of those blog's where you have to have an hour to spare, make a cuppa and read through all the posts as it's so lovely, Jenny makes the nicest bags and purses from old embroidered table cloths so  I asked Jenny if she's make me a purse.



When I opened the beautifully wrapped  parcel, I squealed, the dog barked and a huge smile spread across my face, as there was the most beautiful  handmade purse inside, just look at this,


the front was made from a piece of embroidered cloth, how gorgeous is that???



and the back from a very pretty fabric and  inside it was lined with white damask.
 Jenny also sent me a little cushion that smelt lovely, some suffolk puffs, a button and a badge and a cute pair of knitting needles




So now my purse is full of pennies I'm off to do a bit of shopping as I need a bag to match!!



thank you ever so much Jenny I love my new purse,




Love Lucey x

PS As the lovely Jenny would not accept payment for the purse I've made a donation to Jenny's choice of charity "Breast Cancer" xxx

10 comments:

lavender attic said...

That is a gorgeous purse - always good to find new ways with embroidered cloths! I have taken your advice - made a cuppa and got a slice of fruitcake and I am going to have a look at the recommended blog!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Jenny is indeed a very talented lady, I love her stuff and I could just melt into her pictures! Ada :)

KC'sCourt! said...

I recently found Custards Blog, what a talented lady! I got lost for two hours just reading it the other day, I didn't have a cuppa.......I did need one afterwards though!
Julie xxxxxx

Jewel said...

It's beautiful - what a great idea and what a gorgeous package to receive! I'm off to check out her blog now! x

Tracy ~ If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Baked A Cake said...

So so cute. x

Carol said...

What a fabulous purse, hope you find something lovely to spend your pennies on.
Carol xx

The Custards said...

So glad that you like it Lucey - I especially love that photograph with the 'proper' money in it. Look lovely but don't spend it all at once mind!
Best wishes
Jenny
PS Thank you for kind words about my blog

Gilly Tee said...

What a lovely purse, clever lady.
Gillx

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have a friend care as much to create something just for you. I would be so honored as I am sure you are. Enjoy, your purse and your gift.

Daisy said...

What a lovely purse Lucey. The fabrics are yummy. xxx