Monday 14 January 2013

Ticked Off The "To Do" list


With the last of the twinkling lights and decorations packed away and, on the one day the sun did shine, the house looked a right mess so it got a mini spring clean and a few daffs and hyacinths spread about!!


(I started this post last week!)

See the lovely card on the windowsill? it's from Jenny at the custards blog, it's far too nice to put away just yet and as we have a dusting of snow it looks right at home.


Now I'm not one for making new year resolutions but I do like a "to do/make" list so here's mine,



I've already made the bracelets for me and Alexa out of some pretty green beads I got from a lovely shop in York last year but she took hers home before I could take a pic of it,



yesterday I made the "sewing pinny" for when I go to a couple of classes at Hope and Elvis in April and June, no guesses for what classes I'm attending.....I only managed to book both Julie Arkell and Jessie Chorley....whoop whoop!!


I made the pinny out of a lovely green linen tea towel that has pink rosebuds on it and I stitched an embroidered tray cloth on the front for a pocket big enough to hold a tape measure, needle case and cottons etc,



and this morning I ticked off another make, a needle case made from an old embroidered napkin, I have an assortment of these so I thought I'd use them up instead of them being shut away in a drawer,


and inside is a piece of pretty blue cotton with some wadding in for a bit of padding.


I love these old buttons and the tiny cream, blue and pink safety pins were a lucky find at a flea market along with some other old sewing bits and a big pot blancmange mould, now I just need a recipe so I can try it out.

Love Lucey x



10 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Lucky you to get on both courses, can I join you too.......
Julie xxxxxxx

primrosesattic said...

Those pins are sooooo cute.
I got a rabbit jelly mould from my daughter for my birthday, but I could'nt get the jelly out!
But that's me....
Rosezeeta.

Kandi said...

What lovely makes that pinny and needle case are just beautiful. It's lovely to have these things out being used rather than being shoved away at the back of the cupboard. Enjoy your workshops it's always a great day out, don't forget to take photos for us ;0) xx

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

You will love the workshops! Wear your apron with pride! :) x

Jille said...

Your apron is really pretty. I too can`t wait to see the photos of your workshops xx

Knittings Nice! said...

Flowers and plants certainly brighten up these cold winter months...loving the pinny!

SeasideKaren said...

Hi Lucey
Here is my old recipe for blancmange, so you can try your mould out...
In a bowl, put
3 tablespoons of sugar
4 tablespoons of cornflour and
1 teaspoon of flavouring (strawberry flavouring, vanilla or coffee essence etc).
Mix with a bit of milk taken from 1 pint, then boil the rest of the milk and add it to the mixture. Stir well, and return the whole lot to the pan, stirring continuously until it thickens.
Rinse your mould with cold water, then add the mixture and leave in a cool place to set.
Turn out and make sure you take a picture fir your blog!
Love Karen x

SeasideKaren said...

P.S. you can also use 1tablespoon of cocoa as a flavouring for chocolate blancmange!

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely pinny, enjoy the courses :) x

Daisy said...

I can't wait for our sewing weekends!
Your pinny will be just the ticket. Love all your makes and finds. xxx