Tuesday 24 February 2015

Birthdays and Beginnings

"Happy Birthday"

Today would have been my lovely Mam's birthday.



The photo in the middle is Mam on her wedding day and the other two are of Mam and Dad.

"Sending special birthday wishes up to you in heaven Mam xxx"

I'm busy packing my little suitcase full of scraps of fabric, hand written envelopes and coloured threads for a "Daisy Moon" workshop at Hope and Elvis studio this weekend.



The lovely Mandy is going to show us how to stitch the littlest of
 fabric shoes onto hand written envelopes.


How sweet are they?
Beautiful.

Lucey x


7 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the little shoes on the vintage envelopes.
Happy birthday memories for your mum
Julie xxxxxx

thriftwood said...

A beautiful tribute to your Mum xxx much love xxx

Ali said...

A lovely post :-) your mum will be smiling xx Have a great weekend and I look forward to your post telling us all about it :-) Have fun xx

Kandi said...

You Mum was so elegant, beautiful lady xx

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely pictures of your mum. The craft lesson looks fun, hope you take lots of pictures and enjoy yourself. Betty

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Hi Lucey, it's been a while since I visited so have been having a bit if a catchup on your posts. First of all congratulations re the new grandchild and good wishes to the happy couple. I am green with envy over your Julie Arkell collection and now have her lovely book on my wish list.( I even went so far as to make my own papier mache creature in her style, though I know it will never be quite the same. But it still makes me smile and dream of owning an original). Hope your course this weekend goes well. I may meet you there one day as I have asked for this as a birthday present and am keeping my eyes peeled for just the right thing to do. I only live a short distance from Hope and Elvis, so you never know! My daughter is getting married this year and it is to be a traditional family vintage wedding, so having great fun sourcing lots of vintage items at the mo. Have a good week, Jenny xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Lovely to remember your mum on her birthday.

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com